Shojo Power! holds these truths to be self-evident:
1) Feminism is “a movement to end sexist oppression.”–bell hooks
2) Sexism, racism, transphobia, and homophobia exists. If you need to educate yourself more on these topics, stick around or educate yourself further by purchasing one of the books in the “Further Reading” bookstore.
3) Women and girls deserve equal and diverse representation in media.
4) Trans women are women. Trans men are men.
5) Women are not a monolith.
6) “My feminism will be intersectional or it will be bullshit.”–Flavia Dzodan
7) All body types deserve representation that is respectful and are deserving of quality healthcare.
8) Women deserve autonomy over their own body and healthcare decisions.
9) Rape culture exists.
Disclaimer: This is not an all-inclusive list and shall be amended as Shojo Power! sees fit.